Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Verse of the Day 7/24

2 Chronicles 7:14 (AMP)   If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
 
Yesterday we considered how Paul challenged Timothy and us to pray for all people, starting with our leaders.  Today's verse is a reminder of what can happen if the people of a nation would, as a nation pray to God.  The Amplified Bible lives up to its name in today's verse in regards to prayer and seeking God's face.  Pray, seek, crave and require of necessity.  The writer of 2 Chronicles, like Paul in the New Testament gets to the heart of the matter and it is a matter of the heart.
 
How often do we start a prayer by humbling ourselves?  Perhaps we give thanks, praise God, and then go into our lists of wants and desires.  But this praying, seeking, craving, and repenting comes from someone that knows they are dependent on God.  It is a hungry heart.  A hunger unfulfilled in the morning will stay with you all day.  You may be distracted for a time, but when things settle down the hunger pangs are there to remind you of your craving.
 
Getting back to praying for our leaders, these verses have been humbling for me.  I've spent way too much time criticizing and complaining about our leaders and little time, virtually none, praying for them.  That needs to change.  I need to be praying for our leaders and our nation that they and we would seek Him in prayer, change our ways and that He would heal our land.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
2 Chronicles 7:13-15  Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 If I shut up heaven so no rain falls, or if I command locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
14 If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place.

No comments: