Saturday, November 22, 2014

Verse of the Day 11//22

 
Philippians 3:16  Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.  Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
Today's verse comes from Philippians 3 in a passage that is probably better known for Paul's declaration and challenge to "press on toward the goal" (Philippians 3:14).  This verse is very much a part of, a central ingredient to pressing on.  If we have received Christ as our Savior our salvation is something that has already been attained.  It is there for us, will be through this life and for eternity.  While it is true that we are "sinners saved by grace", once saved we are saints.  We are saints that will still sin, but we have been set free from the bondage. 
 
The focal point here is that we are to walk, to live our lives confident in that knowledge, confident in our faith, and more importantly "the grace of God that brings salvation".  The question then becomes, what am I doing in my life to "order my life" according to that fact?
 
Take a minute or two and read the passage from The Message below.  In those times when we perhaps stumble in our faith, may we be able to stop, consider and realize that while we don't have it all together, that we are on our way, reaching out to Christ daily, and pressing on in the power that He, that only He can provide.   We're off and running, holding on to what is true, pressing on with no turning back.
 
  1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
    I have decided to follow Jesus;
    I have decided to follow Jesus;
    No turning back, no turning back.
  2. Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
    Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
    Though I may wonder, I still will follow;
    No turning back, no turning back.
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

 

Philippians 3:12-16The Message (MSG)

Focused on the Goal

12-14 I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

15-16 So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

No comments: