Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Verse of the Day 12/29


John 14:16-17  And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.  New King James Version (NKJV)

In today's verses we will still be considering "Immanuel", God is with us and what it means to us.  In these verses we have references to the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  The verse starts out with Jesus saying He will pray the Father - that is intercession for us.  I will send - says the Father, that is His gift to us, and "I will comfort" says the Holy Spirit, that is His influence on our lives.

The Trinity is not a new concept, it was there in the beginning when God said, "let us make man", the Trinity in agreement said "let us save man" and this was accomplished in the gift of Jesus, and the three together agreed We will save man.

Charles Spurgeon writes, "whatever the Son says, the Father listens to; whatever the Father promises, the Holy Ghost works; and whatever the Holy Ghost injects into the soul, that God the Father fulfills.  So the three together mutually promise on one another's behalf."

The world scoffs at the belief in Jesus, and even more so in the concept of the Trinity.  But we know it, we believe it, we hold onto it, and we should proclaim it and give evidence of it in our lives.

  1. I know not why God's wondrous grace
    To me He hath made known,
    Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
    Redeemed me for His own.
    • Refrain:
      But "I know Whom I have believed,
      And am persuaded that He is able
      To keep that which I've committed
      Unto Him against that day."
  2. I know not how this saving faith
    To me He did impart,
    Nor how believing in His Word
    Wrought peace within my heart.
  3. I know not how the Spirit moves,
    Convincing men of sin,
    Revealing Jesus through the Word,
    Creating faith in Him.
  4. Refrain:
    But "I know Whom I have believed,
    And am persuaded that He is able
    To keep that which I've committed
    Unto Him against that day."

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

John 14:16-17The Message (MSG)

The Spirit of Truth

15-17 "If you love me, show it by doing what I've told you. I will talk to the Father, and he'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take him in because it doesn't have eyes to see him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!

  

No comments: