Friday, August 10, 2018

Verse of the Day 8/10

Verse of the Day 8/10
Lamentations 3:57-58 You come near when I call on You;
You say: "Do not be afraid."
58 You defend my cause, Lord;
You redeem my life. Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
As you look back over your life, can you see, can you remember those times when you have cried out to God and He heard you and delivered you from your troubles? You may have found yourself at the bottom from sickness, anxiety, injury, grief or loss, but you called out to Him. You knew He was there, you knew He was listening.
A.W. Tozer writes, "The average person in the world today, without faith and without God and without hope, is engaged in a desperate personal search throughout his lifetime. He does not really know where he has been. He does not really know what he is doing here and now. He does not know where he is going."
If you know someone who is in that position, reach out to them, perhaps share your story of what God has done for you, how He delivered you from the pit of illness, injury, loss or pain when you called on HIm as a faithful friend. Share how He has helped you know where you are going.
I just keep trusting my Lord as I walk a long
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives a song
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail
He's a faithful friend, such a faithful friend
I can count on Him to the very end
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail
Blessings,
Mike
Lamentations 3:56-60 New Living Translation (NLT)
56 You heard me when I cried, "Listen to my pleading!
Hear my cry for help!"
57 Yes, you came when I called;
you told me, "Do not fear."
58 Lord, you have come to my defense;
you have redeemed my life.
59 You have seen the wrong they have done to me, Lord.
Be my judge, and prove me right.
60 You have seen the vengeful plots
my enemies have laid against me.

 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: