Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/22

Verse of the Day 10/22??????

1 Timothy 2:2-3 And pray for every political leader and representative, so that we would be able to live tranquil, undisturbed lives, as we worship the awe-inspiring God with pure hearts.??3??It is pleasing to our Savior-God??to pray for them.?? The Passion Translation (TPT)

My read through the New Testament plan, this year in The Passion Translation brought me to 1 Timothy 2.?? In reading today's verses I was reminded how I don't pray often enough.?? It also reminded me of how little praying I do for our leaders, whether in government, the church at large or my local church leaders.?? There can be many reasons for this type of prayer but do we think that it will lead to "more tranquil" and undisturbed lives?

God can do mighty things through any number of people, especially leaders from our churches to the president and congress of the United States.?? But think about it again.?? Even if we don't notice whether God does?? answer all of those prayers we can have peace and be undisturbed knowing that all of these things that we are concerned about are in His hands.

As we consider all of the vitriol that comes out of Washington and other places across the country we can literally let it drive us crazy.?? I'm speaking from one that gets all too caught up in it.?? It is a reminder for me that when I get caught up in it to turn to the Lord and pray.?? After all as verse 3 tells us "it is pleasing to our Savior-God to pray for them".?? Then my challenge is to live a tranquil, undisturbed life; at peace with what He is doing in the world as the true World Leader.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

1 Timothy 2??New King James Version (NKJV)

Pray for All Men

2??Therefore I??[a]exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions,??and??giving of thanks be made for all men,??2??for kings and??all who are in??[b]authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and??[c]reverence.??3??For this??is??good and acceptable in the sight??of God our Savior,??4??who desires all men to be saved??and to come to the knowledge of the truth.??5??For??there is??one God and??one Mediator between God and men,??the??Man Christ Jesus,??6??who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,??7??for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle???I am speaking the truth??[d]in Christ??and??not lying???a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

No comments: