Thursday, October 10, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/9

Verse of the Day 10/9

Romans 5:8 ???? But Christ proved God???s passionate love for us by dying in our place while we were still lost and ungodly!???? The Passion Translation (TPT)

I usually try to avoid repeating verses as "Verse of the Day" through the course of the year.?? But sometimes I'll come across a quote in relation to a verse that causes me to go against that self imposed rule.?? Most of us are probably very familiar with today's verse which, in the NKJV below tells us that "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us".?? I read the following quote from James Smith which should cause us to dwell a little longer on the implications of what that means for us.

He loved us, as sinners.   He died for us, as sinners.   He called us, as sinners.   He saves us, as sinners.   He will have great glory by saving such great sinners. We cannot do anything to repay Him for His wondrous love. Salvation is by free grace--from first to last! Believe this, and it will raise up your drooping mind! 

There are many who avoid attending church having the notion that they'd have to "clean up their act" before they could come through the doors; that God even moreso than the church members would expect as much from them.?? But God, rich in mercy, loved us as sinners when He sent His son.?? He still loves us as sinners, forgiven by grace.?? The other thing to ponder is that while we come to Him as sinners, He doesn't leave us in the same condition.

Last Sunday was communion Sunday for many churches across the world.?? Many probably sang the hymn "Just as I Am".

Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me
And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee
O Lamb of God, I come! I come
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt
Fighting and fears within without
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
If you feel tossed about with "many a conflict, many a doubt".?? Come to Him just as you are.?? He won't leave you that way.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Romans 5:6-11??New King James Version (NKJV)

Christ in Our Place

6??For when we were still without strength,??[a]in due time??Christ died for the ungodly.??7??For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.??8??But??God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.??9??Much more then, having now been justified??by His blood, we shall be saved??from wrath through Him.??10??For??if when we were enemies??we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved??by His life.??11??And not only??that,??but we also??rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

No comments: