Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/8

Verse of the Day 10/8

Philippians 4:19-20 I am convinced that my God will fully satisfy every need you have, for I have seen the abundant riches of glory revealed to me through the Anointed One, Jesus Christ! 20 And God our Father will receive all the glory and the honor throughout the eternity of eternities! Amen! The Passion Translation (TPT)

Today's verses came up in the read through the New Testament plan that I'm following. Every time I read this chapter and in particular, verse 7, I cannot help but be reminded of my son Jeff who has told us "I have the peace that passes understanding".

This weekend marked 20 years from his near fatal car accident which left him with a TBI and permanent disabilities. We were told he would not talk again. Thankfully, God had something else in mind. By God's grace, Jeff speaks of this peace that passes understanding along with the "joy of the Lord" which is his strength. He doesn't worry about his needs, he knows that they are being supplied for him and to him, they are inexhaustible.

Having seen this in Jeff today's verses encourage me and hopefully, encourage you as well to believe that "God will fully satisfy every need that you have". The way He does so may come in ways that we do not understand, but He will reveal them to us in His time, nonetheless. May we experience His joy and peace as we rely upon His future grace.

John Piper writes, "If we live by faith in this promise of future grace, it will be very hard for anxiety to survive. God's "riches in glory" are inexhaustible. He really means for us not to worry about our future.....We should follow this pattern that Paul lays out for us. We should battle the unbelief of anxiety with the promises of future grace."

Blessings,

Mike

Philippians 4:14-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I [a]have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: