Friday, October 25, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/25

Verse of the Day 10/25

Isaiah 43:11-12?? I,??even??I,??am??the??Lord,

And besides Me??there is??no savior.
12??I have declared and saved,
I have proclaimed,
And??there was??no??foreign??god??among you;
Therefore you??are??My witnesses,???
Says the??Lord, ???that I??am??God.?????? New King James Version (NKJV)

In the world today people turn to all kinds of things for deliverance, for relief from things that can drag them down; even destroy them.?? These things range from illnesses; accidents; addictions or any number of things.?? They may turn to gods of their own making, that they have created in their own minds that are really no gods at all.?? People turn to drugs, 12 step programs, counselors and advisers or things that they think will make them happy and whole.?? Some of these things are helpful but without the Lord guiding and directing they find themselves disappointed, distraught and disillusioned.

Today's verses; in no uncertain terms; tell us that the Lord is God, there is no other and besides Him there is no savior, no deliverer.?? We are to cast aside the things, the other gods that may help for a time and turn to the Lord for salvation.?? He is the Savior for not and for eternity.

Verse 13 of the passage below in the NKJV says "henceforth I am He".?? We don't use the word "henceforth" very often, it simply means "from this time on" or "from now on".?? That word though, brought my mind immediately to the old hymn "Living for Jesus" and the line "my life?? I give, henceforth to live, O Christ for Thee alone.?? If you find yourself weary from the trials and challenges in life, find your rest in Him.?? There is no other.


1
Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
?? O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.


4
Living for Jesus through earth???s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 43:10-15??English Standard Version (ESV)

10?????You are my witnesses,??? declares the??Lord,
???????????and??my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
????????and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
????????nor shall there be any after me.
11??I, I am the??Lord,
????????and besides me there is no savior.
12??I declared and saved and proclaimed,
????????when there was no strange god among you;
????????and??you are my witnesses,??? declares the??Lord, ???and I am God.
13??Also??henceforth I am he;
????????there is none who can deliver from my hand;
????????I work, and who can turn it back????

14??Thus says the??Lord,
????????your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
???For your sake I send to Babylon
????????and??bring them all down as fugitives,
????????even the Chaldeans, in the ships in which they rejoice.
15??I am the??Lord, your Holy One,
????????the Creator of Israel, your King.???

No comments: