Thursday, October 3, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/3

Verse of the Day 10/3

Proverbs 8:34-35 If you wait at wisdom's doorway,
longing to hear a word for every day,
joy will break forth within you as you listen for what I'll say.
35 For the fountain of life pours into you every time that you find me,
and this is the secret of growing in the delight
and the favor of the Lord. The Passion Translation (TPT)

The Holy Spirit can work in us in many ways. He may prompt us to do something for Him or for someone else, but most often God speaks to us, His wisdom speaks to us from His Word. His Word is "wisdom's doorway". How often do we wait for His wisdom, how often and how hard will we dig into it and spend some time in it.

I like the way The Passion Translation begins verse 35, "for the fountain of life pours into you every time that you find me". Think of some of the ways that this fountain pours into you. Think back to Galatians 5:22-23 and the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace to begin and flowing though us with hope.

How I praise Thee, precious Savior,
That Thy love laid hold of me;
Thou hast saved and cleansed and filled me
That I might Thy channel be.
Refrain:
Channels only, blessed Master,
But with all Thy wondrous pow'r
Flowing through us, Thou canst use us
Every day and every hour.

Emptied that Thou shouldest fill me,
A clean vessel in Thy hand;
With no pow'r but as Thou givest
Graciously with each command.

May we go forth today with "no power but as He gives us". May we daily be;

"Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors." V34 NKJV

Blessings,

Mike

Proverbs 8:32-36 New King James Version (NKJV)

32 "Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death."



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: