Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Verse of the Day 10/23

Verse of the Day 10/23

Psalm 144:15?? Yes, joyful are those who live like this!

????????Joyful indeed are those whose God is the??Lord.?????? New Living Translation (NLT)

This morning I went in to give our son Jeff his medications to start the day.?? He told me that he was proud of me to which I responded "I'm proud of you".?? He asked why.?? I told him because he has taught me a lot about joy and peace, hope and love.?? In spite of the fact that he is disabled he has more joy, more peace than anyone I know.?? It doesn't come from him, but the Holy Spirit living in him, down in his heart.?? It comes from his trust in God.?? He is fueled by it.

C.S. Lewis put it this way: ???God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way. . . . God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.???    I replied back to Jeff by starting a chorus that I learned as a child and our kids learned as well.  I started it, Jeff finished it.     I've got the joy, joy,joy,joy,   Down in my heart, down in my heart,  I've got the joy, joy,joy,joy,   Down in my heart, down in my heart,  Down in my heart to stay!    Another stanza spoke of the peace that Jeff says that he has:    I've got the peace that passes understanding   Down in my heart, down in my heart,  I've got the peace that passes understanding,  Down in my heart, down in my heart to stay!    May we be among those who are "joyful and live like this". whose God is the Lord.   
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 144:12-15??Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

12??Then our sons will be like plants
nurtured in their youth,
our daughters, like corner pillars
that are carved in the palace style.
13??Our storehouses will be full,
supplying all kinds of produce;
our flocks will increase by thousands
and tens of thousands in our open fields.
14??Our cattle will be well fed.[a]
There will be no breach in the walls,
no going into captivity,[b]
and no cry of lament in our public squares.
15??Happy are the people with such blessings.
Happy are the people whose God is Yahweh.

No comments: