Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Verse of the Day 5/14

Verse of the Day 5/13

John 3:6-7 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.'  New Living Translation (NLT)

The read through the New Testament plan that I am following has brought me to John chapters 3 and 4.  They are chapters that I look forward to year after year in reading through the Bible.  They are reminders of the gift of salvation and what that salvation means and also point out how it is to be attained.  It is not of works, but by the Spirit of God breathing, giving birth to new life in us.

It has been a beautiful spring here in NC and this year I've had time to start riding my bike again.  The other day as I was riding and listening to a radio station on my iPad I was enjoying the cool wind in my face and felt invigorated.  I felt even more invigorated and inspired as the Third Day  song "Born Again" came on reminding me of the verses that I had read that morning.

Make a promise to me now
Reassure my heart somehow
That the love that I feel
Is so much more real than anything
I've a feeling in my soul
And I pray that I'm not wrong
That the life I have now
It is only the beginning
It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time
Feels like I'm breathing
Feels like I'm moving
For the very first time (For the very first time)
For the very first time (For the very first time)

I felt renewed and invigorated spiritual to the reminder that yes, I've been born again and it feels like I'm living in the realization and appreciation that God had done it and that Jesus had accomplished that for me.

John Piper writes, "God is free. And it is he, and not we, who has the final, decisive say in who among the spiritually rebellious and dead will be raised to new life. None of us deserves to be made alive. And none of us has the power to make it happen. If anybody is rescued, God does it"

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

John 3:1-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

The New Birth

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."

Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"

No comments: