Monday, May 18, 2020

Verse of the Day 5/18

Verse of the Day 5/18

Isaiah 46:4 I will still be the same

when you are old and gray,
    and I will take care of you.
I created you. I will carry you
    and always keep you safe.    Contemporary English Version (CEV)

We've all heard people say that "time marches on".  It is amazing to look back and wonder where the time has gone.  Time seems to speed up as we grow older and then one day we look in the mirror and see gray hairs appear in our hair or beard.  Before long, the gray "takes over".  The gray helps us to realize that we are growing old.  One thing for us as Christians that being old affords us, is to look back to see how the Lord has led us, guided us and often times carried us in the difficult times in our lives and "kept us safe".

The verse is given by the prophet in relation to God's people and the nation of Israel, but I believe that it also applies to all of us as Christians who have been personally chosen by God.  He will take care of us now and through eternity.  There are plenty of other "gods" that are worshipped that are no gods at all.  They don't have the power to heal, deliver or save.  They cannot carry your burdens and cannot lift a finger to help you.

If you are "old and gray" may you realize that through it all; past, present and future,  He is with you and has been with you and will be with you to the end.  I remember hearing the song "Through It All" by Andrae' Crouch back in my teenage years.  It has stuck with me and often comes to mind when reading passages like today's.  I can say that I've learned to trust Him and depend upon His word, from those teenage years to this time when I am "old and gray".

I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.
No matter how old you are may you learn to trust Him through it all, through all the seasons of life through the times when you are old and gray.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 46:1-5 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Idols of Babylon and the One True God

46 Bel bows down; Nebo stoops;
    their idols are on beasts and livestock;
these things you carry are borne
    as burdens on weary beasts.
They stoop; they bow down together;
    they cannot save the burden,
    but themselves go into captivity.

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
    all the remnant of the house of Israel,
who have been borne by me from before your birth,
    carried from the womb;
even to your old age I am he,
    and to gray hairs I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
    I will carry and will save.

"To whom will you liken me and make me equal,
    and compare me, that we may be alike?

No comments: