Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Verse of the Day 5/26

Verse of the Day 5/26

Isaiah 54:10  Though the mountains be shaken

    and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
    nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you.   New International Version (NIV)

For today's verse we'll return to the book of Isaiah to a verse that should encourage us to hang on, have faith, and trust God.  In these difficult days and time, many people around us have been "shaken" by the virus and resulting illness, loss of a loved one; loss of work and any number of other things.  Some may question what they might have done that this has happened to them and to question God's love.

A. W. Tozer shares some thoughts about these feelings (see verse 7 below)when he writes, "It was a great day in my life when I believed God about this.  I believe that though God may have to correct me and chasten me, He will never be angry with me again, for Jesus Christ's sake, for His promises' sake, and for His faithfulness' sake.  He has sworn that He will not be wroth with me.  "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you."  That is His word to the anxious."

We may feel that the circumstances in our lives are seismic in proportion.  Never fear; God will not be shaken and His love for you will not be shaken.  He will again comfort you and bring you to a place of peace in your life.

Come, every soul by sin oppressed
There's mercy with the Lord
And He will surely give you rest
By trusting in His Word
Only trust Him, only trust Him
Only trust Him now
He will save you, He will save you
He will save you now
For Jesus shed His precious blood
Rich blessings to bestow
Plunge now into the crimson flood
That washes white as snow
Yes, Jesus is the truth, the way
That leads you into rest
Believe in Him without delay
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 54:7-17 English Standard Version (ESV)

For a brief moment I deserted you,
    but with great compassion I will gather you.
In overflowing anger for a moment
    I hid my face from you,
but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,"
    says the Lord, your Redeemer.

"This is like the days of Noah[a] to me:
    as I swore that the waters of Noah
    should no more go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you,
    and will not rebuke you.
10 For the mountains may depart
    and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
    and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,"
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

11 "O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted,
    behold, I will set your stones in antimony,
    and lay your foundations with sapphires.[b]
12 I will make your pinnacles of agate,[c]
    your gates of carbuncles,[d]
    and all your wall of precious stones.
13 All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
    and great shall be the peace of your children.
14 In righteousness you shall be established;
    you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;
    and from terror, for it shall not come near you.
15 If anyone stirs up strife,
    it is not from me;
whoever stirs up strife with you
    shall fall because of you.
16 Behold, I have created the smith
    who blows the fire of coals
    and produces a weapon for its purpose.
I have also created the ravager to destroy;
17     no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed,
    and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord
    and their vindication[e] from me, declares the Lord."

No comments: