Saturday, May 23, 2020

Verse of the Day 5/23

Verse of the Day 5/23

Isaiah 49:13   Sing for joy, O heavens!

    Rejoice, O earth!
    Burst into song, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted his people
    and will have compassion on them in their suffering.   New Living Translation (NLT)

Continuing with verses from the book of Isaiah, today we'll go to chapter 49.  Reading this passage in relation to the condition of the world today made me think of how happy many people will be as some of the restrictions of COVID19 are lifted in our society including being allowed to worship together and offer praise to God.  Gradually, churches across the nation will be worshipping together again.

At the same time, others will be angry at God and asking how He could allow this to happen and wondering if He truly cares for us.  Verse 16 from this same short passage states,  "See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;Your walls are continually before Me."  How can we think that God can forget about us when we have the reminder of what Jesus did and accomplished for us looking at His nail scarred hands.


The singing here portrays adoration.  A.W.Tozer writes that to "love the Lord your God with all of your heart... and with all your mind" can only mean one thing and that is to adore Him.  Tozer continues, "I use the word "adore" sparingly, for it is a precious word.  I love babies and I love people, but I cannot say I adore them.  Adoration I keep for the only One who deserves it.  In no other presence and before no other being can I kneel in reverent fear and wonder and yearning and feel the sense of the possessiveness that cries "Mine, mine".



Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh, You rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost our way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for  (Eric Wyse)

Has He comforted you this week?  If so, praise Him.  If not, call, cry out to Him with a hungry heart.  See what happens.


--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 49:13-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Sing, O heavens!
Be joyful, O earth!
And break out in singing, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted His people,
And will have mercy on His afflicted.

God Will Remember Zion

14 But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me,
And my Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child,
[a]And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.

No comments: