Saturday, May 30, 2020

Verse of the Day 5/30

Verse of the Day 5/30

Isaiah 55:10-11 For just as rain and snow fall from heaven

and do not return there
without saturating the earth
and making it germinate and sprout,
and providing seed to sow
and food to eat,
11 so My word that comes from My mouth
will not return to Me empty,
but it will accomplish what I please
and will prosper in what I send it to do."   Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

For today's verses we'll return one more time to the 55th chapter of Isaiah.  What a word picture that it gives us about the power of God's Word coming down to us to heaven providing - seed to grow; moisture in the form or rain and snow to cause it to germinate and sprout; providing seed to grow; food to eat and nourishment to us body and soul.

We've all seen picture of the desert flowers that spring up out of nowhere after the rainfall.  Hopefully, our hearts are not like deserts that have been barren, but even if they are there is hope that the rain will fall and accomplish it's purpose in those times of drought in our lives.

Take some time this weekend to take in God's Word like rain.  Allow it to accomplish it's purposes in your life - planting a seed that will grow and flourish as you apply it in your life while bringing refreshment through His grace.  I'm reminded of the Todd Agnew song "Grace Like Rain" which builds upon the old hymn "Amazing Grace".  May we experience it.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
And I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly
And Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
And Hallelujah, and all my stains are washed away
They're washed away
'Twas grace that taught
My heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
And Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
And Hallelujah, and all my stains are washed away
They're washed away

Throughout history His word has always accomplished His purposes as it is send out and it will continue to do so through eternity.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Isaiah 55:10-13 English Standard Version (ESV)

10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

12 "For you shall go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
    shall break forth into singing,
    and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
    instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the Lord,
    an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

No comments: