Monday, July 27, 2009

Verse of the Day 7/27

Through the Bible- Psalms 53-55, Acts 28:11-31
 
Good morning,
Last week we looked at Joshua 4 and considered how God used the "separating of the waters" to begin and end the exodus.  With such great works and displays of His power and authority He obviously had something in mind for these people.
 
That same time that I read Joshua 4 in my devotions I read Psalm 114 where we find these verses.
 
Ps 114:2 the land of Judah became God's sanctuary,
and Israel became his kingdom.
3 The Red Sea saw them coming and hurried out of their way!
The water of the Jordan River turned away.
 
God had a plan for them, to be His kingdom and sanctuary, He wasn't going to let a little water (or a lot) stand in His way.
 
What has God done for us to adopt us as His children, to bring us into His kingdom, to live in us?  What should our response be?
 
This weekend I read Psalm 116 and came across the following verses which will serve as our verses today
.
Ps 116:12 What can I offer the Lord
for all he has done for me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
and praise the Lord's name for saving me.  NLT

What can we offer the Lord?  Praise to His name and to live our lives for Him.
 
While driving back from Anderson SC last week I listened to a Third Day song that would apply.
 
This is My Offering
 
Magnificent Holy Father
I stand in awe of all I see
Of all the things You have created
But still You choose to think of me

Who am I that You should suffer
Your very life to set me free
The only thing that I can give You
Is the life You gave to me

This is my offering, dear Lord
This is my offering to You, God
And I will give You my life
For it's all I have to give
Because You gave Your life for me

I stand before You at this altar
So many have given You more
I may not have much I can offer
Yet what I have is truly Yours

This is my offering

What is your offering for all He has done for you?
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Ps 116:8-19
8 He has saved me from death,my eyes from tears,my feet from stumbling.9 And so I walk in the Lord's presenceas I live here on earth!10 I believed in you, so I said,"I am deeply troubled, Lord."11 In my anxiety I cried out to you,"These people are all liars!"12 What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me?13 I will lift up the cup of salvationand praise the Lord's name for saving me.14 I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
15 The Lord cares deeplywhen his loved ones die.16 O Lord, I am your servant;yes, I am your servant, born into your household;you have freed me from my chains.17 I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgivingand call on the name of the Lord.18 I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people—19 in the house of the Lord in the heart of Jerusalem.     NLT

No comments: