Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Verse of the Day 2/1

Psalm 138:5 (AMP) Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord and joyfully celebrate His mighty acts, for great is the glory of the Lord.

I woke up this morning with a song in my mind.  It was one that we had sung Sunday night at Crossings, our high school youth group,"King of All Days".  Here are a few of the lines.
  
At Your cross
I lay my burdens
At Your feet
Where Your love covers
All I've done
Now I walk with You Lord
 
Lord of the heavens
King of all days
Without You my world slips away
Redeemed by Your mercy
Consumed by Your grace
Now I live for You     
             
Today's morning devotional for today started out with " The time when Christians begin to sing in the ways of the Lord is when they first lose their burden at the foot of the Cross. Not even the songs of the angels seem so sweet as the first song of rapture which gushes from the inmost soul of the forgiven child of God."
 
I love it when things come together like that, in His Word and in song.
 
How do you feel when you realize that you've been redeemed by His mercy?   Are you grateful, do you want to sing in praise?  What burdens are you carrying into the day?  May we lay them at the foot of the cross today and as the last line says, may we live for Christ.
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 138  New Living Translation (NLT)

    1 I give you thanks, O LORD, with all my heart;
      I will sing your praises before the gods.
 2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
      I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
   for your promises are backed
      by all the honor of your name.
 3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
      you encourage me by giving me strength.

 4 Every king in all the earth will thank you, LORD,
      for all of them will hear your words.
 5 Yes, they will sing about the LORD's ways,
      for the glory of the LORD is very great
.
 6 Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble,
      but he keeps his distance from the proud.

 7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
      you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
   You reach out your hand,
      and the power of your right hand saves me.
 8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life—
      for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
      Don't abandon me, for you made me


 

No comments: