Monday, February 13, 2012

Verse of the Day 2/13

Psalm 6:2 (AMP) Have mercy on me and be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am weak (faint and withered away); O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
 
Pastor Bob's message this week in the series "Warning Track" had to do with Psalm 90:12 and "numbering" our days.  We are to make them count.
 
As I read today's verse in the Amplified translation, I couldn't help but think of how many of us will head into this week feeling stressed,  or faint and withered away, or run down and worn out, or  sapped of our strength even before we consider the challenges that will face us at work, at home and in the community this week.
 
We all have our growing "to do" lists.  Bob asked if we've ever developed a "stop doing list"?  We're caught up in the tyranny of the urgent while the tragedy is that it is the "urgency of the generally insignificant".
 
If we are to manage, to number our days correctly we will have to develop this stop doing list; and not by our own methods.  Chances are they, our own methods,  are what brought us here in the first place.  No, we have to realize where we are, and ask for His guidance, for God to be gracious to us to lead and to heal us and revitalize us in body and soul.
 
Before you head out into the week, take some time this morning to pray and ask for the Lord's guidance in removing at least one obligation from your calendar, especially one of those that revolves around the generally insignificant.  May doing so allow us focus on things that matter.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
 
Psalm 6   Contemporary English Version (CEV)    A Prayer in Time of Trouble
 
 1Don't punish me, LORD,

   or even correct me

   when you are angry!

    2Have pity on me and heal

   my feeble body.

   My bones tremble with fear,

    3and I am in deep distress.

   How long will it be?

    4Turn and come to my rescue.

   Show your wonderful love

   and save me, LORD.

No comments: