Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Verse of the Day 4/17

  Psalm 25:4-5(AMP) Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. 5Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

The ESV starts this verse by saying "make me to know your ways".  We learn by experience, by experience we learn patience.  But it is not an idle waiting it is waiting expectantly, looking for what God has in store for us.

Christian's will often comment or even joke about not praying for patience, why?, because it often involves waiting and we are too anxious about what comes next to wait expectantly while absorbing what God is accomplishing in the wait.  In the case of Ava, a few more days help her to develop a little more, to be more prepared for her entrance into the world.

Today's verse is another prayer that should not be taken lightly.  As we know from the book of Isaiah, His ways are not our ways, and His showing us His way may not be for our immediate liking.  But God is faithful and through His truth and His faithfulness we will experience what He has planned for us.

What things are you waiting for today?  Turn them over to God, wait for them expectantly while experiencing joy in what He reveals to you during the wait.

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 25:4-10New King James Version (NKJV)

Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.

Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness' sake, O Lord.

Good and upright is the Lord;
Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way.
10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth,
To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.

No comments: