Sunday, April 22, 2012

Verse of the Day 4/22

Psalm 139:13-14 (ESV)

13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.

 
The latest edition to our family, our granddaughter Ava came into the world this past Friday.  Baby and parents are doing well.
 
Ava came a few weeks early and her arrival came after her mom and dad had spent  over a week in the hospital waiting for her arrival.  She came into the world at 5 lbs 1 oz. and 18.5 inches long.  She is breathing on her own and doing well.  Through the "magic" of Skype, we were able to watch a live video of her and family last night.  Pictures made her look "big" but seeing the video of her little hand wrapping her fingers around the tip (the size of his fingernail) of his finger you could see that she was still a "preemie".  I'll treasure those first pictures, those first images, especially that of her little hand grasping her father's fingertip.
 
Seeing that little hand grasping the tip of her father's finger brought today's verses to mind.  They are a reminder to us at just how precious, how intricate, how well detailed our bodies and all of creation are.  All of these things point us to look for and look at a creator who knit all of these things together.  It is also a picture of us in that even as we "mature" in this life, we are still only able to grasp, as it were, the tip of God's finger.  As Ava will continue to learn more of her parents and their love for her all of her life, we will spend the rest of our lives and as His children, the rest rest of eternity getting to know, experience and praise Him for who He is.
 
I'll treasure those first pictures, those first images, especially that of her little hand grasping her father's fingertip.  As we rejoice in this new birth, we, as a family, rejoice in our great God and our Saviour who loves us so much.
 
Romans 1:20 (NIV)For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 139:13-17 (ESV)

13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!

No comments: