Thursday, May 3, 2012

Verse of the Day 5/3

 Proverbs 7:1-2 (NKJV) My son, keep my words,
And treasure my commands within you.
Keep my commands and live,
And my law as the apple of your eye.

 

How important is God's Word, the Bible in your life?  You can get an idea by how much time you spend in it, how much your actions are governed by it, and how much you enjoy or "delight in it".

 

Arthur Pink writes, "The Bible is like a spring of water which never runs dry.  No matter how many may drink from its life giving stream, no matter how often they may quench their thirst at its refreshing waters, its flow continues and never fails to satisfy the needs of all who come to its perennial springs.  The Bible is a whole continent of Truth yet to be explored."

 

The last sentence caught my attention.  Think of those who first discovered this continent, the explorers who first mapped it out and saw its splendor.  How much is there to learn about this great land.  Generations have been spent in searching it out.  For us who love the Lord, we and our future generations should spend time searching it out as God reveals His splendor through His word.  May we treasure it.

 

Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Proverbs 7:1-3  English Standard Version (ESV)

My son, keep my words
    and treasure up my commandments with you;
keep my commandments and live;
    keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
bind them on your fingers;
     write them on the tablet of your heart.

No comments: