Friday, October 12, 2012

Verse of the Day 10/12

Psalm 27:11 Teach me how to live, O Lord.
    Lead me along the right path,
    for my enemies are waiting for me.  New Living Translation (NLT)
 
Yesterday we considered how God's Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.  Today's verse continues with that theme.  It reminds us that we are talking about how we live.  Not just for a period of time, a stroll through the woods or the streets, but along our path in life.  It reminds us to call out to God, to seek Him in prayer and His Word for guidance, for there are enemies, oppressors and obstacles that are and will be in our path.  They may be in the form of people or our own desires or storms in life.
 
The verse and these thoughts brought to mind an old song that I remember singing in Sunday School and church as a child.  Its been years since I've sang it or thought of it.  But it is a good reminder as we walk along the heavenly trail.
 
I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
 
I just keep trusting my Lord as I walk a long
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives a song
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail
He's a faithful friend, such a faithful friend
I can count on Him to the very end
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail
 
I just keep trusting my Lord on the narrow way
I just keep trusting my Lord as He leads each day
Though the road is weary at times and I'm sad and blue
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will se me through
He's a faithful guide, such a faithful guide
He is always there walking by my side
Though the road is weary at times and I'm sad and blue
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will se me through
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 27:7-12  New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

7 Hear my voice when I call, O Lord;
    be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
    Your face, Lord, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
    do not turn your servant away in anger;
    you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
    O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
    the Lord will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O Lord;
    lead me in a straight path
    because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
    for false witnesses rise up against me,
    breathing out violence.

No comments: