Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Verse of the Day 10/17

Hebrews 11:3  By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible.  Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
I've shared before that Romans 8:28 has become my life verse "all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose".  I would also say that Hebrews 11 has been instrumental in "framing" my faith.  It was a chapter, that in God's providence, I read on the morning of October 6, 1999 which would prove to be the most challenging and life changing day in my life and that of our immediate family.
 
Many times in the following months as my faith was tested and tried, I returned to this chapter to be encouraged, challenged, and have my faith restored and grow.  The word framed is an important one in today's verse, it is at the core, it is what the flooring, drywall, and ceiling are tied to, no nailed to.  So it is with our faith.  The characters referenced in this great "Hall of Faith" reveal so much about faith, faith that comes out of what is not visible but never the less is or becomes solid, becomes bedrock.
 
The word framed also takes me back to Genesis 1:1 and to what I've heard at least one pastor reference as the 10 most important words in the Bible - "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". Gen. 1:1.  I'm not trying to get into a theological debate here, but I think that you can see how these words frame our Christian worldview, point to God as sovereign as Creator, life and hope giver and all these and everything formed out of what was previously invisible.  Without them nothing else would be.
 
Spend some time over the next couple of days in Hebrews, Genesis or another book that helps ground you or contains the framework of your faith.  Praise Him for it and tell someone else why it is so.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Hebrews 11:1-3   New King James Version (NKJV) By Faith We Understand
 
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
 
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

No comments: