Monday, October 29, 2012

Verse of the Day 10/29

      Isaiah 12:2-3 "Behold, God is my salvation;
    I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation."
3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.  ESV
 
I read these verses earlier in the weekend then in our worship service on Sunday the first song that we sang was "Salvation is Here".  We've considered how are hearts and minds should be engaged as we worship and as we head out into the work week.  The songs, verses and messages from the weekend should propel us into the week.
 
We can hear the sound from past generations and we have a lot to celebrate ourselves and to show to others just what it is that we have found, no matter the situation.  Cause we know God saved the day, His love has made a way, and His Word never fails to say "salvation is here" in the person of Jesus Christ.
 
Salvation is Here
 
Hear the sound of the generations
Making loud our freedom song
All in all that the world would know Your name
It's gonna be alright
 
'Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here
 
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Isaiah 12
New International Version (NIV) Songs of Praise
 
12 In that day you will say:
 
"I will praise you, Lord.
    Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
    and you have comforted me.
2 Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation."
3 With joy you will draw water
    from the wells of salvation.
4 In that day you will say:
 
"Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done,
    and proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things;
    let this be known to all the world.

No comments: