Thursday, October 18, 2012

Verse of the Day 10/18

Job 19:25-26 But I know my living Redeemer,
and He will stand on the dust at last.
26 Even after my skin has been destroyed,
yet I will see God in my flesh.   Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
In my Old Testament Bible reading I am currently going through the book of Job which goes well with our considering  the "Hall of Faith" in Hebrews 11.  Jobs trials are well documented as is his faith under those trials and in today's verses he shows the same qualities of looking forward that we see in so many of the people described in Hebrews 11.  He can look forward, even in and through the trials, the storms of life, because he believes and trusts intimately and ultimately in his "living Redeemer".
I like the HCSB translation here "He will stand on the dust at last".  You've probably heard the term "when the dust settles", it speaks of the end of a storm, the end of a battle or skirmish, and the victor remains standing.  Christ is the ultimate victor, He lives, when the dust settles at the end of time He will remain standing and will gather His followers to be with Him.
May we be able to display the character, the faith of Job who in the midst of his trials showed expressed this kind of faith:

"Yet He knows the way I have taken;
when He has tested me, I will emerge as pure gold.
11 My feet have followed in His tracks;
I have kept to His way and not turned aside.
12 I have not departed from the commands of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth
more than my daily food. "  Job 23:10-12  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Job 19:23-27  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
23 I wish that my words were written down,
that they were recorded on a scroll
24 or were inscribed in stone forever
by an iron stylus and lead!
25 But I know my living Redeemer,
and He will stand on the dust at last.
26 Even after my skin has been destroyed,
yet I will see God in my flesh.

27 I will see Him myself;
my eyes will look at Him, and not as a stranger.
My heart longs within me.

No comments: