Monday, November 12, 2012

Verse of the Day 11/12

Verse of the Day 11/12   
 
Isaiah 57:15  For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
    who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
"I dwell in the high and holy place,
    and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
    and to revive the heart of the contrite.   English Standard Version (ESV)
 
I read today's verse while flying back from Boston last week.  As the plane flew through the clouds coming back down into Raleigh I enjoyed the perspective of the hills, lakes and  streams and the colors of fall.  It may seem that God is far off, above the clouds, but He inhabits eternity and is present all around us and sees everything with perfect perspective.
 
Reading this verse also brought many other passages to mind.  Psalm 51 where David speaks of having a contrite, broken heart that is ready to be rebuilt as God would have it.  I was reminded of the Beatitudes in Matthew 5 where Jesus said "blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven, those who mourn for they shall be comforted, and the meek for they shall inherit the earth.  I also thought of Psalm 23 where David speaks of God restoring his soul.
 
Are you in need of revival, restoration, healing - physical or spiritual?  If so, call on the One who is high and lifted up.  Ask Him to come down, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.
 
Song of Hope - (Heaven Come Down)
 
All things new
I can start again
Creator, God
Calling me Your friend
Sing praise, my soul
To the Maker of the skies
A song will rise
 
I will sing a song of hope
Sing along
God of heaven come down
Heaven come down
Just to know You and be loved is enough
God of heaven come down, heaven come down

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
 
Isaiah 57:14-16  English Standard Version (ESV)
Comfort for the Contrite
 
14 And it shall be said,
"Build up, build up, prepare the way,
    remove every obstruction from my people's way."
15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
    who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
"I dwell in the high and holy place,
    and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
    and to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 For I will not contend forever,
    nor will I always be angry;
for the spirit would grow faint before me,
    and the breath of life that I made.

No comments: