Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Verse of the Day 11/13

Psalm 55:17-18   Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.   New King James Version (NKJV)
 
The other day we considered how important it was to read and to pray to start the day.  Hopefully, we don't leave it behind but carry it with us in our day and take other opportunities to bring our cares of the day to Him, morning, noon and night.
 
Do you make it a regular practice to bring your challenges of the day to God?  Whether it be conversations with customers, meetings with co-workers, or managing a household there can be plenty of times when we feel that people, circumstances or demands are stacked "against me", each of them are opportunities to "take it to the Lord in prayer".
 
I read the following in Bonhoeffer's 40 Day Journey devotional yesterday - "Praying and working are two different things. Prayer should not be hindered by work, but neither should work be hindered by prayer. Just as it was God's will that human beings should work six days and rest and celebrate before the face of God on the seventh, so it is also God's will that every day should be marked for the Christian both by prayer and work."
 
May we make our best effort to keep those lines of communication, times of prayer open, whether it be simple words of praise or a cry for help, morning noon or night He'll hear us.
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com
 

Psalm 55:16-18  New King James Version (NKJV)

16 As for me, I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.

No comments: