Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Verse of the Day 2/26

 
John 11:41  And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me."  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
In my devotionals this morning I read the account of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead in John 11.  In today's verse Jesus thanks the Father that He hears his prayers, before he actually called Lazarus out of the tomb.
 
It made me, it should make us consider our attitude in coming to God with our prayers, no matter how significant or insignificant they may seem at the time.  Even if our prayers are not answered immediately as happened in this case, we should have the confidence that God hears them and will answer them in His time and according to His purpose.
 
I also read from Luke chapter 11 this morning the following familiar verses, they are a reminder of what the attitude of our hearts should be as we pray in confidence that God will hear the very prayers we will utter.  He knows them before they ever leave our lips or actually are clear in our minds.
 
Luke 11:9 "So I say to you, keep asking,[a] and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking,and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who searches finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
If we have this faith, this confidence, this boldness it will be evident to those around us.  A testimony to and for the glory of God.  As we pray today, may we say "Father, I thank you that you have heard me."
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
John 11:40-42  English Standard Version (ESV)
40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" 41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me."

No comments: