Saturday, July 20, 2013

Verse of the Day 7/20

 
Psalm 30:10  Hear, O Lord, have mercy and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!  Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
Yesterday I had to do some work repairing a graphics machine.  I knew the job that I had to do, but there were some things involved in the work that required another set of hands and sometimes another set of eyes to complete the work.  I was thankful for the assistance provided by others.
 
Oftentimes in today's society independence is something that is praised and even taught to be a virtue.  It starts at an early age.  Who hasn't heard a toddler say "I do myself" attempting to do something that you know full well they cannot and will not be able to do.  Sometimes, they'll ask for help and other times you just jump in and assist.  All too often, I think it is that way in our Christian lives, we want our independence and call upon God to get us out of a tight spot.  We're much better off when we realize that we need His help, from the beginning, from the beginning of each day to the end of it, in order to properly do what He has for us to do.
 
Starting today, and for the next week, Lord willing, we'll spend some time in the Psalms, going through them and taking a look at David and other psalmists requests for God to be gracious to them in various situations.  May they serve as a reminder that we need Him in the same way today in similar situations.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 30:9-11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit (the grave)? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth and faithfulness to men?

10 Hear, O Lord, have mercy and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!

11 You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,

No comments: