Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Verse of the Day 7/23

 
Psalm 25:16-17  Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 Relieve the troubles of my heart
    and free me from my anguish. New International Version (NIV)

 

Neil Diamond sang of the "Solitary Man", a person who felt that he was destined to be lonely.  There are times when, even when among hundreds of people, including friends and relatives, we can feel like we're alone in the world.  Often, these times come upon us when we are afflicted in one way or another as David was here.  It is in these times that we need Him most and we call for God to be gracious to us.
 
A hand written note was given to me by a friend during our dark hours after our son Jeff's accident, it was from this psalm and went through it verse by verse pointing out God's promises, faithfulness, and being our place of refuge.  I still have the note tucked in my Bible
 
If you are in one of those times call out to God.  May He be gracious to you, be your strength, your Helper, your Guide and may He bring along such a friend for you.  If you know of someone in that solitary place, be that friend to them.
 
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10  Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.   New International Version (NIV)
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at http://www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com/
 

Psalm 25:16-22

New International Version (NIV)
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 Relieve the troubles of my heart
    and free me from my anguish.
18 Look on my affliction and my distress
    and take away all my sins.
19 See how numerous are my enemies
    and how fiercely they hate me!
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
    do not let me be put to shame,
    for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
    because my hope, Lord, is in you.
22 Deliver Israel, O God,
    from all their troubles!

No comments: