Thursday, July 4, 2013

Verse of the Day 7/4

 

Psalm 33:12  Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as His heritage.    Amplified Bible (AMP)

 Today as we celebrate the 4th of July, Independence Day, we can look at our country, and be happy, feel fortunate and be thankful for those who fought and gave their lives for the religious and other freedoms that we enjoy.  Aroun the world, many people are envious and would gladly trade places to live in "the land of the free".
 
When you look around Washington DC, Philadelphia and other places of our nations early history, you can see evidence and testimony in statements from our founding fathers in their faith, trust and hope in God.  Our nation truly has been blessed.
 
My hope and prayer today would be that we find more of the faith of our fathers and hold to it in this day and age.  I'll leave you with some of the words to the Matt Maher song "Woke Up in America".  May it remind us that we can be thankful to be born here, may it be said as Christians that it was for the love of God and something bigger than ourselves.
 
My parents gave me a life full of dreams
Yeah they gave me a heart to endure most anything
But everyone gets a broken pair of wings
And if you try to fly you' ll fail
But a voice said "Lift up your head"
And my heart burst out of my chest
I woke up in America for the love of God
I woke up in America for something bigger than myself
More than fireworks and fanfare
More than a star-spangled banner
You' re still beautiful America
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at http://www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com/
 

Psalm 33:11-13

English Standard Version (ESV)
11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
    the plans of his heart to all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
    the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13 The Lord looks down from heaven;
    he sees all the children of man;

No comments: