Thursday, March 26, 2015

Verse of the Day 3/26


Malachi 3:6 "For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.  English Standard Version (ESV)

Recently, towards the end of the day my wife Jean pointed out that my "five o'clock shadow" had turned gray.  I had never noticed it before, but when I looked  in the mirror, sure 
enough it was gray. It was just another indicator that things change, in my case, in this 
instance it meant that I am getting older.    

When we look at ourselves and the world around us we realize that no matter what we try to do to prevent it, things change.  We grow older,our bodies change, our  attitudes may 
change and the world around us changes. We change schools, jobs, cars, houses and the list goes on and on.  As we mentioned yesterday, nations change,   they get or elect new leadersthat take them in a different direction.    
David Jeremiah pictured it being like we are in a stream being carried along in its currentwhen he writes:  "We're like twigs caught in an ever-rolling stream of change. Every momentis different than the previous one. Our bodies change, our children change, our work      
changes,  our health and wealth change; our culture and world are constantly in flux. But 
at the core of the universe is an unchanging God—immutable, enduring, abiding,  changeless, the same yesterday, today, and forever. In Him we have "an anchor of the soul, both sure  and steadfast" (Hebrews 6:19).     

In all of this change aren't you glad that there is something, Someone who is above it all, who does not change? More importantly than that, it is our God who  does not change, and 
He is a God who loves us and will see us through.     

If you've drifted away from God in this stream of change, perhaps our "God of the Angel 
Armies" is calling to you today "return to me so I can return to you".    

In Christ,
Mike    
Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Malachi 3:6-7The Message (MSG)

6-7 "I am God—yes, I Am. I haven't changed. And because I haven't changed, you, the descendants of Jacob, haven't been destroyed. You have a long history of ignoring my commands. You haven't done a thing I've told you. Return to me so I can return to you," says God-of-the-Angel-Armies.
  

No comments: