Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Verse of the Day 3/3

Verse of the Day 3/3
 
Psalm 32:6-7 Therefore let everyone who is godly
    offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
    they shall not reach him.
You are a hiding place for me;
    you preserve me from trouble;
    you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah   English Standard Version (ESV)
 
My wife and I have been on vacation for a week enjoying a much needed getaway.  I read today's verses from the deck of a cruise ship looking out over the vast ocean with no land in sight.  The surroundings caused me to think of that ocean in a more tumultuous state, being churned up in a storm and being adrift at see without a raft or any visible means of help,  It would be quite a scary thing, how could you survive.  But if you had a beacon or a transponder you would be able to send a signal that another vessel might see. Imagine the feeling when that vessel draws near and shouts out that they are there to rescue you.
 
Many times in our lives we may feel like we're adrift in a vast ocean full of waves of uncertainty.  We may also feel like no one notices or is there to help us.  The verses remind us that God knows exactly where we are.  Our chances our hopes are better than having a beacon or transponder in an ocean.  God knows exactly where we are, we have something better than a GPS setting, it is God's positional setting, and He is there for us, He can deliver us, He can preserve and surround us with shouts of deliverance.
 
These thoughts brought me to the old hymn and the words from William Rees.  May we experience that love today and through heaven's eternal days.
 

Here is love, vast as the ocean,
Lovingkindness as the flood,
When the Prince of Life, our Ransom,
Shed for us His precious blood.
Who His love will not remember?
Who can cease to sing His praise?
He can never be forgotten,
Throughout Heav'n's eternal days.

On the mount of crucifixion,
Fountains opened deep and wide;
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide.
Grace and love, like mighty rivers,
Poured incessant from above,
And Heav'n's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty world in love.

Let me all Thy love accepting,
Love Thee, ever all my days;
Let me seek Thy kingdom only
And my life be to Thy praise;
Thou alone shalt be my glory,
Nothing in the world I see.
Thou hast cleansed and sanctified me,
Thou Thyself hast set me free.

In Thy truth Thou dost direct me
By Thy Spirit through Thy Word;
And Thy grace my need is meeting,
As I trust in Thee, my Lord.
Of Thy fullness Thou art pouring
Thy great love and power on me,
Without measure, full and boundless,
Drawing out my heart to Thee.

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIVPsalm 32:5-7The Message (MSG)

Then I let it all out;
    I said, "I'll make a clean breast of my failures to God."

Suddenly the pressure was gone—
    my guilt dissolved,
    my sin disappeared.

These things add up. Every one of us needs to pray;
    when all hell breaks loose and the dam bursts
    we'll be on high ground, untouched.

God's my island hideaway,
    keeps danger far from the shore,
    throws garlands of hosannas around my neck.

No comments: