Friday, September 16, 2016

Verse of the Day 9/16

Verse of the Day 9/16  

Revelation 2:7   "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."'   New King James Version (NKJV)

The Bible, Old Testament through the New is full of examples of God followers who were "overcomers".  You may think of Joseph, Gideon, David, Paul and others.  Most likely, you know some people in your own life who are overcomers, overcoming cancer and other illnesses, overcoming emotional and financial trials or any other number of things.  The thing about overcomers is that they were overcomers through the trials. They had a mind set not to give up, putting their faith and trust in God "through it all".

Today's verse let's us know that God takes  notice of those who do so, who are overcomers through the power and grace that He bestows upon His children.

What challenges are you or a family member or friend facing today?  What is your mind set?  Are you an overcomer?

The book of Revelation has several verses that address the subject.  I had never put them together before, but reading them one by one should encourage us to be overcomers.  Those who live that life, will be rewarded with eternal life.  Not based on the things that we do, but by trusting in Him and letting His power flow through us day by day.

To stimulate and cheer him in the conflict, many encouraging assurances are given--especially made to those who press forward through all difficulties, and in the strength of Christ overcome all their spiritual foes:

"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God!" Revelation 2:7

"He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death!" Revelation 2:11

"To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it!" Revelation 2:17

"He who overcomes will be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before My Father and His angels!" Revelation 3:5

"Him who overcomes--I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God; and I will also write on him My new name!" Revelation 3:12

"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne!" Revelation 3:21

"He who overcomes will inherit all this--and I will be his God and he will be my son!" Revelation 21:7

O Lord, be my strength, give me courage, endurance, and holy fortitude! Increase my faith--that I may overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil, and at last come off more than conqueror through Him who has loved me!   - Thomas Watson

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Revelation 2:1-7The Message (MSG)

To Ephesus

Write this to Ephesus, to the Angel of the church. The One with Seven Stars in his right-fist grip, striding through the golden seven-lights' circle, speaks:

2-3 "I see what you've done, your hard, hard work, your refusal to quit. I know you can't stomach evil, that you weed out apostolic pretenders. I know your persistence, your courage in my cause, that you never wear out.

4-5 "But you walked away from your first love—why? What's going on with you, anyway? Do you have any idea how far you've fallen? A Lucifer fall!

"Turn back! Recover your dear early love. No time to waste, for I'm well on my way to removing your light from the golden circle.

"You do have this to your credit: You hate the Nicolaitan business. I hate it, too.

"Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the Wind Words, the Spirit blowing through the churches. I'm about to call each conqueror to dinner. I'm spreading a banquet of Tree-of-Life fruit, a supper plucked from God's orchard."

  

No comments: