Friday, March 1, 2019

Verse of the Day 3/1

Verse of the Day 3/1

Daniel 10:19   And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."   English Standard Version (ESV)

In yesterday's post we considered how Paul wrote about and had experienced God's "great love".  He could say that in spite of the trials that he had been through. Being shipwrecked, being beaten, stoned and left for dead; being put in jail for unjust reasons.  Yet through it all, he trusted God and persevered in the strength that God had provided him.

Today's verse brings us back to the Old Testament and reveal how God spoke to Daniel and told him that he was greatly loved.  Not just once but on three separate occasions:

"At the beginning of your pleas for mercy a word went out, and I have come to tell it to you, for you are greatly loved." (Daniel 9:23)    "O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you." (Daniel 10:11)    And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." (Daniel 10:19)

Notice the timing in these verses.  God was there at the "beginning" of Daniel's pleas for help, He was there during the trials giving him the strength to stand upright in the face seeing his friends have to "walk through the fire"; of unfair accusations against him and ultimately being thrown in the lion's den.  He would experience it as he looked forward with hope; God finally telling him "fear not, peace be with you , be strong and of good courage' because God would be with him to see him through.

What are you facing today, what is God sending you through?  He has heard your pleas, your prayers.  Know that you are greatly loved and 'fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage" and go out and face the day.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Daniel 10:18-21 New Living Translation (NLT)

18 Then the one who looked like a man touched me again, and I felt my strength returning. 19 "Don't be afraid," he said, "for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!"

As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, "Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me."

20 He replied, "Do you know why I have come? Soon I must return to fight against the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia, and after that the spirit prince of the kingdom of Greece[a] will come. 21 Meanwhile, I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one helps me against these spirit princes except Michael, your spirit prince.[b]

Footnotes:

No comments: