Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Verse of the Day 3/5

Verse of the Day 3/5

2 Chronicles 6:21 And may You hear the supplications of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and when You hear, forgive.
New King James Version (NKJV)

I was traveling yesterday and as I was finishing up with dinner at a restaurant I was catching up on some devotionals that I had not been able to get to in the morning. I read today's verse while reading of King Solomon's dedication of the temple which he had built.

Many words to consider, but what hit me was. "When you hear, forgive." Solomon had shown his dedication to God, partially by overseeing the construction of the temple. But he was humans and had his weaknesses and sins. He realized that he had been blessed to be able to be God's servant but also realized that on his own, the greatest of works would not earn him favor with God. He needed forgiveness, he needed God's grace and he sought it in prayer, seeking first forgiveness and then an opportunity to call on God for help.

As I look upon my life, I realize that I've truly been blessed, blessed beyond all measure as the song goes. I don't deserve all that God has blessed me with. I sin before him daily. But I need him, I need his healing power for Jean, for myself and for others. But I also realize that I need to come before him and acknowledge my sins and seek His forgiveness, knowing that He offers it and knowing that He hears our prayers.

I was blind, now I'm seeing in color
I was dead, now I'm living forever
I had failed, but you were my redeemer
I've been blessed beyond all measure

I was lost, now I'm found by the father
I've been changed from a ruin to treasure
I've been given a hope and a future
I've been blessed beyond all measure

I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Letting go and trusting when I cannot see
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Surely every season you are good to me

Oh, you are good to me
Oh, you are good to me

Blessings,

Mike

2 Chronicles 6:18-21 New Living Translation (NLT)

18 "But will God really live on earth among people? Why, even the highest heavens cannot contain you. How much less this Temple I have built! 19 Nevertheless, listen to my prayer and my plea, O Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is making to you. 20 May you watch over this Temple day and night, this place where you have said you would put your name. May you always hear the prayers I make toward this place. 21 May you hear the humble and earnest requests from me and your people Israel when we pray toward this place. Yes, hear us from heaven where you live, and when you hear, forgive.



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: