Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Verse of the Day 3/13

Verse of the Day 3/13

Psalm 139:9-10. If I fly with wings into the shining dawn, you're there!
If I fly into the radiant sunset, you're there waiting!
10 Wherever I go, your hand will guide me;
your strength will empower me. The Passion Translation (TPT)

I've been traveling this week on business and flew out to the west coast with the wings of one of the airlines. I've travelled across the country, across time zones, over mountains, deserts and along the coast and God has been with me all the way.

These verses came up in my devotional readings yesterday and were very fitting. I landed in San Diego yesterday to see a radiant sunset over the ocean. I stand in awe and amazement of God in His creation but even more so in His Word that is there to guide me wherever I go. We don't have to carry scrolls or even a physical Bible to have His Word. Today we can have it on our laptops, iPads and cell phones. Do we access it and let His hand guide us?

Wherever you go today, from coast to coast or anywhere in between, know that He is with you. And if you have His word with you in any form; access it; read it and let His hand guide you and His strength empower you as you go.

Read the passage below, the first portion of Psalm 39. Let it speak to you today.

Blessings,

Mike

Psalm 139:1-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

God's Perfect Knowledge of Man
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

139 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5 You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,"
Even the night shall be light about me;




Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: