Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Verse of the Day 3/19

Verse of the Day 3/19

1 Corinthians 15:58   So now, beloved ones, stand firm and secure. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord,[b] because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit that endures.    The Passion Translation (TPT)

The other day we considered from Psalm139:17 "how precious to (towards) me are your thoughts, O God".  When we think that way what kind of impact should it have on our life, that day and any day that we take the time to spend in His Word and realize that He is with us; He is for us?  As I read today's verse over the weekend I saw the answer.  We are His "beloved ones" mentioned in the verse and we should be able to stand firm and secure, living our lives with "unshakable confidence".  This is the case in every season of the year, every season of our life.

The result of living that way will be productive it will achieve God's purposes in our lives and produce "a fruit that endures".  We will look back over our live and realize that we've been blessed "beyond all measure".

I was blind, now I'm seeing in color
I was dead, now I'm living forever
I had failed, but you were my redeemer
I've been blessed beyond all measure
I was lost, now I'm found by the father
I've been changed from a ruin to treasure
I've been given a hope and a future
I've been blessed beyond all measure
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Letting go and trusting when I cannot see
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Surely every season you are good to me                              (Rend Collective)
May we realize that in this season, God is good to us and will give us victory.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

1 Corinthians 15:53-58 English Standard Version (ESV)

53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

"Death is swallowed up in victory."
55 "O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?"

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

No comments: