Sunday, March 22, 2020

Verse of the Day 3/22

Verse of the Day 3/22

Psalm 121:7-8 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;

He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.     New King James Version (NKJV)

Psalm 121 is probably best known for it's opening verses, "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,  who made heaven and earth."  ESV.  The whole psalm points to the sovereignty of God.  In times of turmoil people go in all directions in search of help, especially "a quick fix".  Many will put their trust in the government to take care of them to carry their burdens individually and even industries to "bail them out".  But for us we must realize that government and it's institutions may be like the hills in the psalm, where the psalmist, a follower of God realized, "my help comes from the Lord."

Sovereign Ruler of the skies,  Ever gracious, ever wise,  All my times are in Your hand,  All events at Your    His decree, who formed the earth,  Fixed my first and second birth;  Parents, native place, and time,  All appointed were by Him.    He who formed me in the womb,  He shall guide me to the tomb.  All my times shall ever be,  Ordered by His wise decree!    Times of sickness, times of health;  Times of poverty, and of wealth;  Times of trial, and of grief,  Times of triumph, and relief.    Plagues and death around me fly;  Till He bids, I cannot die!  Not a single shaft can hit,  Till the God of love sees fit!  (John Ryland)  

May we realize that  we stand in the power of the One who made the hills and the mountains and everything else and go to Him for help.  He will preserve your soul.

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand  (In Christ Alone   KEITH GETTY & STUART TOWNEND)

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 121 English Standard Version (ESV)

My Help Comes from the Lord

A Song of Ascents.

121 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
    the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments: