Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Verse of the Day 3/31

Verse of the Day 3/31

Revelation 3:10-11 You have obeyed my teaching about not giving up your faith. So I will keep you from the time of trouble that will come to the whole world to test those who live on earth.

11 "I am coming soon. Continue strong in your faith so no one will take away your crown.   New Century Version (NCV)

These days with all the turmoil, fears and uncertainties of what tomorrow can bring can cause people to doubt and question their faith, a faith that has carried them through previous trials.  As for us as Christians we are called to persevere and to hold onto our faith in hope and confidence that Christ will come again soon.

The passage in Revelation 3 was written to the church in Philadelphia which means "brotherly love".  The church was spoken of having "little power" but yet held on, kept the Word and did not deny Jesus name.  When our faith is not strong, we are called to hold onto what we have that He will provide the grace, strength and courage to face this life to the end in faith.

I'm reminded of something that Pastor Chuck Swindoll has pointed out"Remember that the end of a life reveals more than the beginning".

Keeping and holding onto our faith to the end is something that can encourage others to hold onto the end as well.

Our family watched the recently released movie "I Still Believe".  It is a powerful movie and testimony of faith, a faith that held on till the end.  Not just a faith in faith, but a faith in Jesus, the author and perfecter of all of our faith.  I would encourage you, during these times with more time to watch something on TV to perhaps sit down with your family, watch this movie or others such as "God's Not Dead" and talk about them.  Be strengthened in your faith and be encouraged not to give up on your faith in Jesus.


--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Revelation 3:7-13 English Standard Version (ESV)

To the Church in Philadelphia

"And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: 'The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.

"'I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

No comments: