Thursday, April 2, 2020

Verse of the Day 4/2

Verse of the Day 4/2

Colossians 3:1-2   Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.   New Living Translation (NLT)

For several days and having been included in these posts; the song "In Christ Alone" has been continually coming to and going through my mind, my thoughts.  It speaks of in Christ alone I find my strength, my hope, my strength and my song.  Songs that inspire and draw me to Him and His Word. 

Read these verses slowly.  Paul challenges us to "set our sights on the reality of heaven".  It is not something vague or wishy washy, it is solid, it is a reality, (see Hebrews 11:1-2) and it is our destiny if we have placed our faith, hopes and trust in Christ alone.

David Jeremiah writes, "There are four powerful evidences of a centered life in Jesus Christ: You are gladly identified with Christ. You recognize Jesus as the authority in your life. You have a deep sense of spiritual and personal security. And you rest in Christ, knowing that He is the master of your destiny. In Christ you live a brand new life in a brand new way. When everything else is out of control, set your affections on the One who is in control. Everything you put your hope in other than Jesus will fail. Jesus Christ alone is faithful and changeless, and will never fail you!"

With all of the uncertainty and chaos going on in the world around us, we feel at times that we have no idea of where things are headed.  But for us as Christians we can rest in the assurance that He controls, He is the "master of our destiny."

Read the passage below and then come back and read again the words from the song.  May we set our minds on these thoughts and not the chaos of what is going on in the world around us. May we realize as The Passion Translation that "Christ's resurrection is our resurrection too". (Colossians 3:1)

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Colossians 3:1-4 The Passion Translation (TPT)

One with Christ in Glory

Christ's resurrection is your resurrection too. This is why we are to yearn for all that is above, for that's where Christ sits enthroned at the place of all power, honor, and authority![a] Yes, feast on all the treasures of the heavenly realm and fill your thoughts with heavenly realities, and not with the distractions of the natural realm.

Your crucifixion[b] with Christ has severed the tie to this life, and now your true life is hidden away in God in Christ. And as Christ himself is seen for who he really is, who you really are will also be revealed, for you are now one with him in his glory!

No comments: