Thursday, April 23, 2020

Verse of the Day 4/23

Verse of the Day 4/23

Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.   English Standard Version (ESV)

Yesterday dawned to a bright, clear sunny day.  By mid-day, at least for me, it did not remain very bright, in fact it turned out to be a dark day.  However, several times through the day the song "Bless the Lord O My Soul" came to mind with those words and thoughts of the morning "it's a new day dawning" kept coming to my mind.  Over the years since that song has come out that line is the one that stuck with me.

Yesterday my wife Jean and I went for our usual 3 mile walk and during it I mentioned the song to her and she pulled it up on her iPhone and played it.  It was perfect timing and I was able to sing "let me be singing when the evening comes".  I am, we are blessed.

I recently quoted today's verses in another post but today we'll focus on the verses.  It starts out with God's "steadfast" or "loyal love" for us.  It is unfailing and He is faithful to show us morning by morning and into the evening how great His love and mercy is.  The NKJV below starts out by saying "through the Lord's mercies", it is by His mercy that we know  Him and can realize this.  His mercies will lead us "Through it All".  I could have posted that song because it applies, but I will post the main stanzas of "Bless the Lord O My Soul".

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes
Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name
You're rich in love
And You're slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons
For my heart to find

No matter what challenges you face today, I hope that you've felt His steadfast love this morning and I pray that you'll be singing "bless the Lord" when the evening comes.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Lamentations 3:22-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord.

No comments: