Sunday, April 5, 2020

Verse of the Day 4/5

Verse of the Day 4/5

Psalm 103:11-12 How great is God's love for all

    who worship him?
    Greater than the distance
    between heaven and earth!
12 How far has the Lord taken
    our sins from us?
    Farther than the distance
    from east to west!   Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Today is Palm Sunday and obviously next week is Easter Sunday and in most (if not all) places in this country, due to the virus, we will not be able to meet together in worship at our churches to celebrate the celebration of Jesus coming this week and resurrection next Sunday.  Even though we cannot meet together in our churches we can worship from where we are and experience His love for us and through modern technology still worship with the rest of our congregations "online".

The other day I was driving and I heart the Casting Crown Song "East to West" and was reminded of today's verses.  The verses, the song and the passage below how great the Lord's steadfast love is for us even in and perhaps especially in difficult times.  When we are reminded of "one scared had to the other" we see the great lengths that God went for us to send His Son to be the propitiation for us, the payment of our sin, that the debt has been paid in full and that He will provide for our needs today and forever.

I know you've cast my sin as far
As the east is from the west
And I stand before you now
As though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From you leaving me this way
I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From you leaving me this way
Jesus, can you show me just how far the east is from the west?
'Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of your mercy I find rest
You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

If we feel like we are drowning in the storm we're in, go to Jesus, let Him remind you of how far He has come for you and rest in the assurance of His love "from one scarred hand to the other."

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 103:6-14 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord works righteousness
    and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
    his acts to the people of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide,
    nor will he keep his anger forever.
10 He does not deal with us according to our sins,
    nor repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
13 As a father shows compassion to his children,
    so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
14 For he knows our frame;[a]
    he remembers that we are dust.

No comments: