Thursday, January 20, 2022

Verse of the Day 1/20

Verse of the Day 1/20

John 14:26 English Standard Version



26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Today's verse is a good reminder for us that "God is with us".  God has given, sent to us, the Holy Spirit but something that should draw our attention in today's verse is how He operates.  He comes alongside to "bring to remembrance" things that He had said.  I am not saying that He doesn't say or prompt us "out of the blue" but He calls to mind things He has taught us in His Word.  It is another reason why it is important to read, study, and remember God's Word or how will He bring to us things that we have not read and learned?

John Piper writes, One of the great enemies of hope is forgetting God's promises. Reminding is a great ministry. Peter and Paul both said that they wrote letters for this reason (2 Peter 1:13; Romans 15:15)....The main Helper in reminding us what we need to know is the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). But that doesn't mean you should be passive. You are responsible only for your own ministry of reminding. And the first one in need of reminding by you is you."

When we are away from God's Word it can become easy to forget.  When we spend time in His Word the Holy Spirit will come alongside and bring the things that we've learned to remembrance when we need to hear them.

Read the passage below, perhaps it will bring to mind things that you may need to remember today.

Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 14:25-31
English Standard Version

25 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 28 You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.




No comments: