Monday, January 3, 2022

Verse of the Day 1/3

Verse of the Day 1/3

John 16:33 New International Version



33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I read today's verse the other day in my devotions and it is another reminder for us (as if we didn't already realize it from what 2021 brought) that in this world we will have trouble.  For some of us the troubles that we faced will continue and some will face bigger challenges.

Reading this verse also encouraged me and hopefully encourages you, to take heart, be encouraged because Jesus overcame the world of troubles and we can too.  These words also reminded me of my wonderful wife Jean, who has been battling cancer.  The end of 2021 brought and end to a treatment that she was receiving and she will begin a new regimen of chemo in another week.  We don't know how things will go, but Jean has been amazing and her faith is strong and she trusts in the One who has overcome the world.

The song that came to my mind in relation to all of this was "Courageous" by Casting Crowns.  It is fitting for a New Year's post, a time when many of us are making resolutions.  May ours be, Lord let me be courageous.

This is our resolution
Our answer to the call
We will love our wives and children
We refuse to let them fall

We will reignite the passion
That we buried deep inside
May the watchers become warriors
Let the men of God arise

We were made to be courageous
And we're taking back the fight
We were made to be courageous
And it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand
Is on our knees with lifted hands
Make us courageous
Lord, make us courageous

We can be courageous, we can be overcomers because He has overcome the world.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 16:29-33. New International Version

29 Then Jesus' disciples said, "Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God."

31 "Do you now believe?" Jesus replied. 32 "A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."



No comments: