Saturday, February 6, 2010

Verse of the Day - weekend 2/7

Through the Bible - Exodus 37-39, Matthew 24
 
Good morning,
For today's verse we'll go to Psalm 30, written by David, someone who knew something of life's ups and downs.  In many of the Psalms David pours his heart out to the Lord God.  By the end of the psalms his circumstances may not have changed but the cry of his heart had.  His faith in God that He would deliver him often turned his mourning heart into a joyful heart.  Realizing how God had led him in the past gave him faith and confidence that He would deliver him from the troubles at hand.
 
Ps 30:11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!   NLT

I was reminded of the following hymn from my memory banks.  The hymn was learned when I was a child.  I didn't know what the message meant then, but I do now.  Sing if you know it, in preparation for worship this weekend.
 
All The Way My Savior Leads Me
 
All the way my Savior leads me
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
 
All the way my Savior leads me
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.
 
All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father's house above..
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way
.
When you look back on the struggles and trials of life will you be able to look back and say "Jesus led me all the way"?
 
Blessings,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ps 30:1 I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,and you restored my health.3 You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
4 Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!Praise his holy name.5 For his anger lasts only a moment,but his favor lasts a lifetime!Weeping may last through the night,but joy comes with the morning.
6 When I was prosperous, I said,"Nothing can stop me now!"7 Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain.Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
8 I cried out to you, O Lord.I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,9 "What will you gain if I die,if I sink into the grave?Can my dust praise you?Can it tell of your faithfulness?10 Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me.Help me, O Lord."
11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!  NLT

No comments: