Thursday, July 1, 2010

Verse of the Day 7/1

Through the Bible - Job 24-25, Acts 11
 
Good morning,
Two of the most profound and most challenging verses in the Bible are Romans 8:28 and James 1:2.
 
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.   NKJV

James 1:
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,   NKJV
 
I've been on the receiving end of Romans 8:28 in a time of deepest trouble and must say that the words did not bring comfort and may often have an opposite effect.  These verses reflect truths that are learned through faith, perhaps at some point during a trial and often after a difficult time has passed and our faith has grown.  Looking back may we understand what is said in James 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience (or endurance).
Patience is another thing that I wouldn't recommend praying for, but that's another story.
 
When you consider the lives of Paul and James, the trials that they went through yet praised God through it all we should also gain confidence that He will see us through.
 
Through It All
(Andre Crouch)
I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.

As God saw Paul, James and others through their trials, I'm sure that they could recall Psalm 118, it's where we'll go for today's verse.
Psalm 118:5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?
 
What problems do you face today, what distress can you bring before the Lord?  Go to Him, may He see you through.
 
Blessings,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Ps 118:5-10
 
5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?
7 Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.
I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in people.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.  NLT

No comments: