Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Verse of the Day 7/7

Through the Bible - Job 39-40,Acts 16-1-15
 
Good morning,
One of the ways that God brings us the assurance that we considered yesterday is to look back and to see how far He has brought us and what He has brought us through to this point in our lives.
We may go through periods where it feels that we are lost in a wilderness not knowing which way to turn.
I can relate to this with experiences in hunting in the mountains of Colorado.  Sometimes it is easy to loose your bearings in unfamiliar surroundings, especially when you cannot see the sun.  You may be tempted to trust in your own judgement, your own asssesment of where you are.  In the wilderness you learn to depend on your compass.  It points to true north.  Once you know that you can get your bearings.
 
For today's verses we'll go to a familiar psalm and focus on some of the benefits of following where He leads.
 Psalm 23:2 (Amplified Bible) He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.

    3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.
If you've spent time hiking in the wilderness, be it forest or desert, you appreciate finding that place of rest.  Especially an air conditioned place when it is 100 degrees outside.

If you are in a wilderness situation in your life.  Why not follow where He leads.  He knows the way.  You'll find it through His Word, use it as your compass.  I'm reminded of the chorus that I learned as a child.  It still rings true.

 

 My Lord Knows the Way

My Lord knows the way through the wilderness,
All I have to do is follow.
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness,
All I have to do is follow.
Strength for today is mine all the way,
And all that I need for tomorrow.
My Lord knows the way through,
All I have to do is follow.

Blessings,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com
The LORD the Shepherd of His People A Psalm of David.            
Psalms 23
23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.   NKJV

No comments: