Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Psalm 18:30 (NIV1984) As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. 

The other day in Isaiah 40 we considered how the Word of the Lord endures forever.  As I read today's verse, and the NIV 1984 description of God's Word being flawless, I thought of the commercials and posters that jewelry stores have used, that "diamonds are forever".

 

Diamonds are graded on their brilliance and the quality, the perfection of the cuts.  Clean edges allow for the brilliance as light filters through it.  They are so valued that they are passed down through generations as family heirlooms.

 

What value do you put on God's Word?  Have you, will you share it and pass it down to the next generations?  Its not too late, when you think of all His benefits, why wouldn't you share it.

 

Read the passage below.  How does His Word speak to you today, how does it shine?

Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 18:25-32

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
    to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
    but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
27 You save the humble
    but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
28 You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
    my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop[a];
    with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect;
    the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield
    for all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and makes my way perfect.

No comments: