Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Verse of the Day 6/20

Psalm 40:5 (NKJV) Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.
 
There are atheists who don't believe in God, who believe that everything has and will happen by chance.  Others believe in a deity who created the universe, and like a watch maker, wound it up and then stepped back and has just let things go.  We believe in God, the God who created the universe and is intimately involved in our lives.
 
What does it mean to you that God knows you, thinks of you and has plans for you?
In a recent devotional Pastor Greg Laurie wrote, " "It would have been enough if God had said, "I know the single thought I had toward you for a fleeting moment." Wouldn't you be happy to know that God Almighty, the Creator of the universe, had a single thought about you? I would. But that is not what He said.

God said, "I know the thoughts that I think toward you." That is thoughts, plural—more than one. Also notice the use of the present tense: "I know the thoughts that I think toward you." The thoughts are from what God has thought, what He is thinking, and what He still will think. And His thoughts are good. "

 

He knows the situation that you are in.  He loves and cares for you, He is thinking about you and has future thoughts and plans for you, and as Greg Laurie notes "they are good".

 

Jeremiah 29:11(NKJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

 

Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 40:1-8 (ESV) My Help and My Deliverer

40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
     making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.

Blessed is the man who makes
    the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
    to those who go astray after a lie!
5 You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
    your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
    none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
    yet they are more than can be told.

In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted,
    but you have given me an open ear.[a]
Burnt offering and sin offering
    you have not required.
Then I said, "Behold, I have come;
    in the scroll of the book it is written of me:
I delight to do your will, O my God;
    your law is within my heart."

No comments: